Scarborough Fair IPA Mini Cask
A triple-hopped, English style India Pale Ale. GLUTEN FREE
Strong and well hopped for the voyage sending IPA from the Wolds to the World. Interestingly brewed with a pale Wold grown malt base, a triple hop blend and maize for the head retention.
Feedback from the Guild of Fine Foods Great Taste Awards: Nice subtle lychee and peach flavours. Good body which frames the bitterness well. Good breadth across the palate.Nicely restrained. Doesn't give you everything at once, which we applaud.
Such triple hopped beers need hot full flavoured foods to accompany them!
Once delivered, store your mini cask where it will be served, keeping it upright and cool for at least 24 hours. It can then be opened and consumed over the following days, but remember not to move the mini cask once it has been opened and settled. Provided the cask is kept cool and not moved again after opening, the beer should last for around 3-4 days.
This is cask-conditioned beer, so you’ll notice differences from bottled beer. For example, it won't be fizzy or have as many bubbles, and will have a flatter, smoother mouthfeel. It also differs from a pub-pulled pint, as the beer is not dispensed through a handpull and sparkler, meaning no thick, full, creamy head.
Each 5-litre cask gives you about 8 pints’ worth of beer. No extra serving equipment is required.
- World Beer Awards - Country winner in the Best English Style IPA
- Free From Food Awards 2022 - silver in the Gluten-Free Beercategory
- World Beer Awards 2020 - bronze in the English Style IPA category (UK)
- SIBA North East Regional Keg Awards 2020, gold
- SIBA North East Regional Keg Awards 2019, silver
- SIBA North East Regional Awards 2018, bronze in the Bottled IPAscategory
- SIBA Regional Keg Awards 2018, silver in the Keg IPA category
- Listed in the Independent's 10 best gluten-free beers, 2017
- Drinks Business Global Beer Masters 2016, silver medal
- SIBA North East Beer competition 2016, bronze medal in the Small Pack (Bottle) category