Monkfish Fillet Steaks
Monkfish is meaty: it doesn't flake when cooked, holding together in one muscular piece, so it's flexible to your serving style. The Fish Society source most monkfish from British and Scottish landings where the fish are large and fresh. Long gone are the days when we in this country regarded monkfish as trash and exported it all to the delighted French. Your pack comprises two pieces of skinned and boned tail from a large monkfish. Try monkfish braised with Mediterranean vegetables or white wine, saffron and cream.
- Monkfish is landed in the UK
- Thick cut fillet steaks cut from very large monkfish
- Suggested serving size: 160g per person
Featured customer reviews
- "We had the monkfish (cooked perfectly by my wife) with a heated salsa and soya and ginger sauces accompanied by Singapore noodles. Perfect...............!"
- "The monkfish fillets arrived as well packaged as this item could be, ensuring that the fillets were still frozen and in perfect condition. As I write, I have still to use them, but they look perfectly prepared and fit for purpose. As always when I use The Fish Society, I am very impressed at both service and quality."
- "Excellent quality. Great size pieces"